Thursday, March 31, 2011

Gettin' my craft on

All this rain and cold weather makes me want to create something so I set out to do just that on Monday. Here it is Thursday and I am finally getting back to finishing the projects. Above are some new coasters but they feel sort of fallish, so I think a trip to Michael's is in order to get a big spring-ish stamp. However I need to fill an order so that was the goal. Next came the wreaths. These guys have been on the brain for a few months, in fact they are a birthday present for my friend whose birthday is (this is embarrassing) New Year's Eve - not that it's embarrassing to have a birthday on New Year's Eve - no, what is embarrassing is that I am just now finishing the promised present - OI! So from flowers I dried this summer Lavender, globe amaranth, statice and some silk vines I made these:
and then today I turned it into this: Now I need to make a hanger for it and then deliver it ASAP!

So cute, I think I will have to make a few more, but they will have to wait for the next rainy day. And I have a few more ideas on the brain just waiting for T-I-M-E. And I have a banana bread in the oven so yup - got my craft on and it feels good!

2 comments:

  1. Are those Stoney Lonesome globe amaranths???

    ReplyDelete
  2. they sure are! WIll you be back this summer or are you "up to your eyeballs" in your own farming enterprise?

    ReplyDelete