Friday, May 25, 2012

Been Gone Too Long

I am seriously ready for the travel to end but alas, one more trip this weekend. I have literally been in a different state for the last 6 weekends. GA, FL,  TN/No. GA, IA, MO, and this weekend PA. I feel like I have been around the world but I have only been halfway across the country. I've crossed the following state lines: VA, TN, GA, FL, WVA, MD, PA, OH, IN, IL, MO, IA and this weekend I will add DE, and NJ as well as repeat a few from before. I look forward to HOME - there really is no place like it.

St Simon's Island girls
May 5th grads: '07, '84, '12
I've missed blogging too. I have lots to write about - both experiences to share and memories to keep. I've turned fifty, had an amazing relaxing beautiful fun beach get-away, saw my youngest graduate from my alma mater, spent a week with my son who currently resides in CA, and had all my children  together for a weekend (missed their spouses) spent 50+ hrs in a truck with my husband, spent a week in the Heartland and saw miles of farmland go from brown to green, scored some fun finds at antique and consignment stores, spent time with my inlaws, read a half dozen books, photographed my MIL's 32 quilt tops, saw my niece graduate from high school, spent time with J's extended family and this weekend will witness a friend's wedding and spend time with my extended family. And that my friends is all in the last 6 weeks.


The graduate and family - Lookout Mtn, GA
 

So I have lots to write about and will do that as soon as I return from this weekend's adventure. On another front, last fall I wrote about starting a search for my biological mother and I am happy to report that after 8 months she has been "found." And she is thrilled to have been found and we are tentatively getting to know each other through phone calls and letters.

from grandma's garden
I've also begun my blogging "job" - so if you want to read about fruits and vegetables see http://stoneylonesomefarm.blogspot.com  This week's feature is the strawberry.



See you soon!








2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...where would I start to comment on all that??
    You sound HAPPY my dear friend.
    I await the next post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally got caught up on your blog last night. My family lives in Doylestown. Your garden looks awesome and your wheat outstanding. SO exciting

    ReplyDelete