Friday, October 29, 2010

and one more



Ode to the end of summer...CSA is over.... I will miss it immensely, the fresh veggies full of color and deliciousness, the experiments with new foods never seen and in some cases not even heard of. It's been a great experience and one I hope to repeat next summer. I don't even want to think about heading to the grocery to purchase fake vegetables shipped from who knows where because that is what it feels like after you have had the real thing fresh from the garden. I ended the season with two more fun meals - one with turnips - which it turns out could be a new favorite for me and the other a veggie enchilada - with tatsoi, pattypan and red peppers. Yummy! Now I begin to compile my cookbook because of course I must keep a record of the fun and the yum! Thankfully we have lots of squash waiting to carry us through the winter and even a sweet potato or two. We have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment