Friday, October 29, 2010

traveling the countryside


I haven't been doing much of anything but traveling this month, in fact 3 of the last 4 weekends have been spent away from home. It has been a joy to experience fall in several different regions. First stop - the Pocono Mountains of PA - see posts below. Next trip was to the mountains of West Virginia. We actually drive over 5 different mountain ranges on this trip. Interestingly enough, the colors were gorgeous on the west side (below) of the mountains but not so much as we traveled east. (picture above)



in the meadow at our friends farm


at the river
The biggest disappointment on this trip was the reality of "you break - you buy." Yes friends - it is true - they really do make you buy it - especially if it is a $200 antique rootbeer canteen that you never even saw before it crashed into pieces at your feet. Ugh! I still feel sick thinking about it. One minute I am admiring a teapot and the next minute I am looking at ceramics by my feet. I won't tell you what I really thought at the time but I will tell you I cried - but it made no difference and yes it is true - I am now banned from antique stores by my husband. It's a shame but there's no use crying over spilt milk as my momma used to say. But it will take a while to get over this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment