Monday, December 6, 2010

Farmgirl gets crafty - "Mary & Bright"



Forgive my lack of blogging but haven't been to the farm much lately. Had to go back to work and although having a set schedule helps keep me organized it does take up my free time too. But it is a good job and good people and good hours and a paycheck so no complaints from me. About the time I got the job I also decided to do a Holiday show at my home. Mostly to use up older craft supplies so I could justify purchasing new ones (ha) but also due to inspiration from the Country Living Fair. I can do this and I do that seemed to be a common theme so out came the paper and the glue gun and the fabric scraps and every available moment was spent crafting. The event was this past weekend and although attendance was low the sales were good and I exceeded my goal so I am happy. It was also an opportunity to see friends that I hadn't had the chance to see in a while and the visits were the best part.
Johndear went down to the farm solo yesterday to winterize the pipes in the trailer. Can't lose that trailer yet - still need a real house built and the economy refuses to cooperate. He said there was snow and it was pretty and I was sad that I did not go along and take the camera but I did have a grand day with no. 1 son keeping me company and watching football. He is missing his girlfriend who is off doing Navy stuff so his momma was happy to keep him company or was it the other way around. Anyway, it was a nice day,
Now it is time to get organized and ready for Christmas. My budget is the cash from my show so now that I have something to work with I shall have to get creative. I will be making most of our gifts this year and the sewing machine will get used. But that is all I can say because maybe just maybe my kids read this blog - Ha, fat chance. So enjoy the week ahead and I will keep you posted on my progress.
Pictures above include (L-r) wreaths, banners and "snow cones", scherenschnitte ornaments, oak candle holders (from the farm), paper music wreath, cutesy banners for windows and doorways, and of course photo note cards. The sets included four seasons from the farm which were my personal favorites. Another big seller were the oak coasters - will have to get a picture to post soon.
"Mary Christmas"

No comments:

Post a Comment