Friday, December 31, 2010

last post of the year


Hard to believe 2010 is done and 2011 looms on the horizon....a wide open, ready to be experienced and precious gift. This last week has been busy for everyone with holidays and vacations and for us we also added in an anniversary celebration (27 years) and experienced the death of two loved ones. Quite a week of highs and lows. I was reflecting on the past year and all that entailed and realized it has been a while since we welcomed a new year from our own home. Last year we were in MO with family and this year we will be in New Jersey with family. My first resolution of 2011 is to celebrate New Years Eve at home. So there, you've heard it and seen it and now you can hold me accountable to it. As much as I love family there is no place like home! I wonder what else the new year holds. I know I can expect more hours at work..starting next week...and I have to believe this is a good thing. I am grateful for it and I like my job. I just know that something will have to be neglected in order to accomplish it. I also have plans to open up an ETSY shop. I am super excited and have been working with my girls on plans for it. My Mary and Bright show was successful way beyond my imagination so I believe it is the right time to gain more exposure. I'll keep up with my photography and with my Christian Paper Artists group so I think I may be quite busy in the crafty department. I have a plan to read through the entire Bible cover to cover over the year. It takes dedication and I admit I have never completely reached this goal but I am motivated and have determined that if I can manage four chapters a day I will get there with time to spare. I do love to see God's plan fall into place and be reminded of his hand over the course of History. It makes total sense to me to keep that as a perspective for a new year. the challenge is to keep that perspective mid year and end year and when busy-ness threatens to overwhelm. Honestly sometimes I would rather sleep! So there's the challenge - care to join me? My other loves include cooking and baking so I am sure there will be some adventures along the way - although it does get hard to be motivated to cook for two. But I want to try to cook something new out of a different cookbook each week. I told myself no new ones until I have done that and I have also wanted to write my own so maybe this is the year. Wow - that is a lot of challenges already for the new year so I guess I better stop typing or I will be in BIG trouble with all I want to do. Enjoy the remainder of 2010 and my advice for you AND me in 2011 is .... Take it One Day at a Time!

1 comment:

  1. This picture was taken at the Manassas Battlefield near our home after last year's "Super SnowStorm"

    ReplyDelete