Friday, February 25, 2011

I need beauty...

I know! I know! How many of these candle thingys can I post? But what you don't understand is how beautiful they are up close and how they speak to my soul. I find them so peaceful, so calming. And this wood was particularly charming with its sharp contrast and ridged bark. It smells good and feels good in my hand so on a dreary day when my heart is even darker I like to light my candle and escape in my imagination to the farm to walk in the woods. It certainly helps to craft things from the woods and it makes it even brighter when I have a large order waiting for them. Appreciate the simple things and enjoy the creativity of The Maker.

Top: shows a 2, 4, and 6 inch oak candle holder
Bottom: closeup of contrast and bark ridges

No comments:

Post a Comment