Saturday, December 31, 2011

As promised

 
Here are a few pictures of some of the things I made this Christmas.
Ornaments:
I made LOTS of these. First off for the Art group I am a member of - our monthly swap was ornaments. I got some interesting ones in return. I also made one for each of my babies that I play with in childcare. For most of them it was there first Christmas and for others it is the first Christmas they participated in as they were newborns last Christmas. (not allowed to publish those pics, unfortunately cuz they are cute as the dickens!)

Then to keep tradition going I made a set of ornaments for Mike and Laura's first Christmas from wedding pictures.

Each of my kiddos (and spouse where appropriate) got this cookbook Holiday Baking. It is filled with the cookie, and other yummy recipes that we "have to have" each Christmas. Of course it also has lots of pictures from Christmas baking adventures in the past and pictures of their first Christmases.


Next for my two married kids I made perpetual calendars - you know the kind you use year after year to keep tracks of special dates like family birthdays and anniversaries etc.

I made note cards from some of my favorite photos. Shutterfly had a great deal going so I produced mass quantity to use as gifts and also to sell.

And lastly I made a Wall Word for my son-in-law who loves to read. Upon opening, the boys did some very interesting "rewording" who knows what will actually go up on the wall. No picture currently but I decoupaged on paper mache letters from Hobby Lobby the word READ, using black paint, black and white scrapbooking papers and a little distressing to keep it real.

Also sold  a dozen luminaries and multiple sets of oak candle holders and 2 dozen wreaths (total). Two churches and a wedding will be graced with our oak trees and globe amaranth wreaths this season.  Santa's Workshop and the elf helpers have all been very busy

 this is what they look like for weddings.
and below with beautiful fresh greens 
and holly in the church windows



And that my friends is my home-crafted Christmas 2011.


No comments:

Post a Comment