Friday, April 30, 2010

along came a spider...



It's been a long week! And not a fun one either. You see last weekend while walking or working in the woods, I apparently came in close contact with a spider. Just a common garden variety
spider but whatever he was or is, he chose to bite me and leave behind a week full of massive headaches. They started almost immediately - in the truck on the way home as a matter of fact, and were obnoxious enough to mention to John Deere that my head really hurt. I could point to a specific spot and say "there - do you see anything there?" and after many "theres" and many tick checks, nothing interesting was spotted except for a little red welt. On Thursday, i went to the dr. I apologized for my sorry symptoms but told him that I really couldn't continue like this without some confirmation that I hadn't lost my mind. A thorough head check later I was informed that while an injection site was seen, there was nothing else to indicate that it was more than a harmless insect bite. Great - it was confirmed that I had in fact not lost my mind, Bummer, said headaches would continue until they stopped - maybe up to another week mimicking migraines and really not much else to do but rest and advil and a muscle relaxer if it gets really bad.


Meanwhile, I can't get the darned verse out of my head - "along came a spider who sat down beside her...." and why does my head still feel like it is full of creepy crawlies? Farm Boy says he's buying me a bee keepers suit before my next walk in the woods. haha - something tells me this will be a family joke for a long time... I have a few other choice thoughts but guess I won't repeat them at this time.

farmgirl

By the way, the spider up above is only a representation.....

No comments:

Post a Comment