Tuesday, January 18, 2011

all iced in



We are covered in a sheet of ice today. I hear the major roads are fine but no one has been down our street yet. A good day to stay inside and knock some things off the "to-do" list.
Just got back from a short but crazy walk with the dog. It was either that or he was going to "pop" on my carpet. He did not want to go out and neither did I but together we slid down the hill and across the street to "take care of business" as they say. And what's better than to come in out of the cold to a bowl of soup! I've made five kinds so far this month - Split Pea, Corn Chowder, Pasta and Bean, Spaghetti soup and Chili. I'm trying to decide what is next - I love soup! And even better than soup is homemade bread to go with it. Yumm - all good things to do on a day that we are iced inside. (Yes, that is Zeke above, enjoying his bowl of soup!)
I have lots of projects to work on today and really don't know where to start. There are hundreds of wedding photos to get organized, the linen closet which is half-way cleaned out but could really use a coat of paint now that I look closer, Mrs. Beasley still needs to be fixed and we've added JH's stuffed tiger to the "Aunt Mary can fix it" pile. So truthfully I should close this blog and stop writing about nothing and get to work. Maybe next time I will post my "50 things to do before I turn 50" list. That should be motivating enough. Enjoy your snow day!

No comments:

Post a Comment