Monday, January 10, 2011

the empty nest


The last one has gone and the house is quiet-er. Not that she makes much noise when she is here but it just seems so empty when she leaves. I am a lucky mom! My kids all really like each other and they like coming home to us. Blessed would probably be a better word choice but isn't it all the same in the end? I was compiling a little list in my head while walking the dog this morning. It goes like this -
How I know the kids have gone:
1. all the blankets in the den are folded and piled neatly in the corner
2. i can once again see the floors in their room
3. there is milk in the jug
4. it takes 2 days to fill the dishwasher
5. I have to pick up towels off the floor and their beds are made
6. there are no cars in the driveway or the street out front
7. i start planning meals around vegetables instead of meat
8. no one eats bread or lunchmeat
9. i don't need to run to the grocery or target every other day
10. i have control of the remote
11. the dog and I have a lot to talk about



Thank you God for my precious children!
Protect them and guide them and keep them close to you! Amen.

enough said!
besides ...they'll be back before I know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment