Thursday, April 28, 2011

On the floral side...

I have been concentrating on my veggies and haven't been simply enjoying the flowers. Let me share some with you. Below are the dianthus in full bloom and the lovely surprise is the hummingbird. That sucker was so fast and I had already disturbed him once so I didn't think I would catch a picture but it appears I did in spite of falling all over myself.



The iris' are gorgeous this year. I plan to divide and conquer after the bloom and take a bunch of them down to the farm. Right now they appear to be in position to take over the front yard. Doesn't this one look like he is sticking out his tongue?
The sweet woodruff is at its peak as well. This is supposedly an herb but I need to get to know it a little better and find out its herbal qualities - other than pretty.



And this sweet flower and its grower are two of my favorites. A and his brother helped me to plant 45 anenome bulbs last year. We've been eagerly awaiting their arrival. Apparently the squirrels enjoyed them for lunch since all we have is 5 little flowers. A said he'll "get me some more." It's so wonderful to have a personal gardener (SMILES:)

1 comment: