Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Walking in the Woods


Springtime in Virginia means Bluebells and last Sunday we went on a bluebell walk. The farm where we invested in the CSA last summer was sponsoring a bluebell walk in their woods along Broad Run River. I love bluebells and couldn't wait to get close enough to really enjoy them. Usually we spend a Sunday afternoon at the Manassas battlefield where the bluebells are rampant but National parks can get kind of picky about staying on the trail and not getting too close so this hike was even more fun as we walked - carefully - through the bluebells. I had never seen white ones before and other wild flowers sparked my interest as well. So many were still waiting for their turn to bloom that I am sure in another weekend or two the place will be alive with blue.



Hopefully I will get back soon. I have a sweet deal for this summer. I am going to blog and photograph my way through the CSA season at Stoney Lonesome Farm in exchange for a Harvest Helper share. Two of my favorite things (photographing and artistic expression) combined and exchanged for the delicious fresh organic veggies. What more could a girl want?!! My schedule doesn't permit me to get into the field this summer so I was so excited to make this work another way.

You can follow me on http://stoneylonesomefarm.blogspot.com. It will be a few weeks before I really get started but the site is being developed and we are all eager to get started.

1 comment:

  1. SO sorry I couldn't make it to the Bluebell walk. It's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete