Monday, October 19, 2009

critters and varmits


I really am starting to appreciate God's smaller creatures and this one was no exception. I was sitting on the front porch, drinking my tea and watching John work, when he called me over to see this spider. It was huge and busily munching on a bee it had trapped in its web. It was fascinating to watch and as I examined his web I was blown away by the intricacy of the design. There was apparently a rip in the web which the spider had patched up with this amazing zig-zag stitch. As I watched a fly appeared on the web and "pop," within a second the spider had "bagged" the fly for a snack later. I hardly knew what had happened.


Eventually that tree had to come down and who knows where Mr. Spider ended up, but it was fun to watch and learn, and definately less threatening than finding a snake in my hallway. Only on the farm...hopefully!


Farmgirl






No comments:

Post a Comment