Saturday, October 17, 2009

watching the colors change

We spent the last two weekends down at the farm, with a trip to GA in between for me. I was really surprised to see so little color change in the leaves when I arrived, but I was not to be disappointed.






By the time I came back the second weekend the colors were changing and more of the mountains were visible with the leaves beginning to fall. It won't be many more weeks that we can stay the weekend, we have no heat in our little trailer and it gets chilleeeeeeeeeee at night.



You can also see from the pictures that the hay has all been mowed and baled. That was very exciting. Both the front and back meadows were mown and the place looked so neat and tidy. I can tell that fall is going to be my favorite time to spend down here. So I convinced farmboy to take a walk through the woods with me.



I have way too many pictures to show you all of my favorites so you'll have to check my flickr on the left.
I was feeling creative the second weekend and decided to collect twigs and leaves for some craft projects. I found a really neat twig wreath in a store in GA, so I started to work to put one together. I also plan to mount the leaves after they have been pressed and make some cards. After all, you have to be crafty to be a farm girl, right?

1 comment:

  1. I'm still learning this blogging thing, especially adding the pictures. so I don't know why I have this big old empty space but be patient with me, I'll get it figured out.

    ReplyDelete