Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fun Finds

Here is the picture I promised of the embroidery I found at the antique store in Buckhannon. I think it looks perfect for a log "cabin" wall. I think I'll reframe it but otherwise I love it. See the Liz '60 in the corner. Kind of makes you wonder if it was a little girl working on her sampler stitches 50 years ago or if it was an older woman, dreaming of all the places she'd like to visit. I don't usually buy crosstitch or embroidery. My mother does beautiful work and my walls are full of her pieces, but knowing how much effort goes into this on her end and seeing the low prices I just had to pick up a few. The other pieces are tablecloths and some hand towels - can never have too many of those in the country, right?

As for other fun finds, today I visited the library. My reserved copy of Julia Childs, My Life in France was finally in so I quick picked it up before someone else could steal it. It's been a hot commodity since her movie came out. I am always excited when I come home from the library and today is no exception since I also brought home: How to pick a peach: the search for flavor from farm to table, A homemade life, Made from scratch, and MaryJane's Outpost: Unleashing Your Inner Wild. If you're not familiar with MaryJane yet - check her out at www.maryjanesfarm.com I'm not ready to camp out in the wilds yet (oh wait I do that every weekend) but I do love to read her magazine and her ideabook is priceless.




3 comments:

  1. ok...you like cooking and photography-i am going to give you the link to one of my very favorite blogs with fantastic recipes and great photography!

    http://thepioneerwoman.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. and lard wait till you read the apple cake recipe...i just died and went to heaven...

    ReplyDelete